Thursday, June 21, 2012

Growing old

I don't want to grow up. That's what I have always told myself. The common person goes to school, grows up, studies or works, gets married, has kids, works again, retires and goes traveling when kids leave home, dies. It kinda turns me off of growing up. How often do adults laugh, cry even- for others, or in a movie, or in a story? Do they even read stories? I have even promised myself to never grow up, besides the bible says to stay childlike. when something annoys you, you avoid it at any cost. Adults have hurt me I guess, they make mistakes and it affects you; they never quite seem to understand me, or any youth for that matter. But lately I've been thinking...
It started with this quote I saw, "do not regret growing older for it is a privilege denied to many."
Then I observed a rather absurd teacher named Mr Graeig. He is an 'adult' I wouldn't mind being like. I don't know what but there is something just about him that makes me smile. That makes me glad to accept maturity and 'adultness' yet still laugh and love for God in such an exuberant way. What is better than that? Being so engaged in God the rest of you life is impartial in comprison. He does everything to the best of his ability. Always looking out for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment